Lodz University of Technology
Cadence University Program Member
Prof. Andrzej Napieralski
Head of Department of Microelectronics and Computer Science
Department of Microelectronics and Computer Science joined Cadence Academic Network in 2008. Since then we have been working closely with Cadence to increase our know-how in the field of integrated circuit design especially in digital and mixed-signal areas. We are open to any collaboration opportunities from industry and academia.
The Cadence Academic Network was launched in 2007 by Cadence EMEA. The aim is to promote the proliferation of leading-edge technologies and methodologies at universities renowned for their engineering and design excellence. A knowledge network among selected universities, research institutes, industry advisors and Cadence was established to facilitate the sharing of technology expertise in the areas of verification, design and implementation of microelectronic systems. The Cadence Academic Network, therefore, significantly support and improve the universities activities.
The Academic Network became an integral part of CDNLive! where universities and industry members are offered a knowledge exchange platform in order to demonstrate scientific achievements, present ideas and establish further collaborations.
The Cadence Academic Network manages a page for discussion and opportunities on LinkedIn, and information can also be found on the Cadence Academic network webpage. On LinkedIn, the groups are moderated by the lead institutions of the Academic Network ensuring a constant flow of reviewed information relevant to academia.
Research & Education
The Areas of Scientific and Teaching Activities of DMCS in the field of microelectronics are focused on design of modern ASIC-VLSI integrated circuits, embedded systems, design of silicon circuits and Microsystems using high-level hardware description languages such as VHDL-AMS, reprogrammable (FPGA and CPLD) systems design, design of high power components and Smart Power circuits and their thermal and electro-thermal simulation, photovoltaic systems and solar energy utilization, neural and probabilistic networks design.
DMCS team members have high level of expertise in the field of mixed-signal ASIC design starting from schematic capture/behavioural description to layout and post-layout simulations of the complete IC structure.
The DMCS team designed and co-designed a number of ASICs, for both scientific and commercial use. The team experience includes HV SoI Smart-Power integrated circuits for a renowned semiconductor manufacturer corporation. The circuit topology solution invented by the team was granted a patent by the Polish Patent Office.
The list of classes offerred to students where Cadence tools are used:
- Projektowanie układów i systemów Scalonych (Design of integrated circuits and systems)
- Design of integrated circuits and systems (Projektowanie układów i systemów scalonych)
- Analogowe systemy scalone (Analog Integrated Circuits)
- Analiza i synteza układów cyfrowych (Analysis and synthesis of digital circuits)
- Projektowanie i modelowanie układów cyfrowych (Design and modelling of digital circuits)
- Projektowanie i analiza układów analogowych (Design and analysis of analog circuits)
- Integracja mieszanych systemów scalonych (Integration of mixed-signal integrated systems)
- Mieszane układy scalone (Mixed-signal integrated circuits)
- Modelowanie układów analogowo-cyfrowych (Modelling of analog-digital circuits)
- Projektowanie układów i systemów scalonych (Design of integrated circuits and systems)
- Modelowanie i symulacja przyrządów półprzewodnikowych (Modelling and simulation of semiconductor devices)
- Mikromaszyny i mikrosystemy scalone (Integrated micromachines and microsystems)
Cadence Design Systems offers internship opportunities for our students in one of its European office (UK, Germany). If you're interested please contact us.
Events and achievements
Current conferences and other events:
- 24th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Bydgoszcz, 22-24 June 2017
- CDNLive EMEA 2017 May 15-17, 2017, INFINITY Hotel & Conference Resort Munich, Germany
- 23rd International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Łódź, 23-25 June 2016
- CDNLive EMEA 2016 May 2-4, 2016, Dolce Hotel Unterschleissheim Munich, Germany
- 22th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Toruń, 25-27 June 2015
- CDNLive EMEA 2015 April 27-29, 2015, Dolce Hotel Unterschleissheim Munich, Germany
- 21th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Lublin, 19-21 June 2014, organized in frame of MRW-2014 joint scientific week
- Meeting of the IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society Poland Chapter and the Cadence Academic Network Workshop held at AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków, September 30th, 2013
- 20th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Gdynia, 20-22 June 2013
- Analog/Mixed-Signal (AMS) Simulations with Cadence Tools Workshop held at DMCS, Lodz, January 10th, 2013
- 19th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Warsaw, 24-26 May 2012
- 18th International Conference Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Gliwice, 16-18 June 2011
Our staff and students have won many awards on international conferences and international trade fairs including the first prize at Student Design Contest at CDNLive! EMEA 2008 for Lukasz Kotynia. The complete list can be found here.
Piotr Amrozik, PhD
Tel: +48 42 631 27 22
Department of Microelectronics and Computer Science
Lodz University of Technology
90-924, Lodz, Poland
Page last update: 12-06-2017
Cadence is a registered trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc., 2655 Seely Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134